Saturday, September 5, 2009

Enoki Mushroom and Green Onion Crepes

What a tasty snack I discovered as I stopped at a demo in an Asian grocery store last night.  She was serving these delicious little crepes beside the enoki mushroom display.  The mushrooms seemed like a good deal at 2 packages for $2.50.  I decided to buy 4 packages.  All she did was trim the bottom of a package of enoki mushroos, chop them a little and added a full bunch of chopped green onion.  Two beaten eggs were stirred in,  a little salt and pepper, then she fried  them.  To my own mixture I added a few dried herbs and a little garlic.  I used a no stick skillet so required very little oil. (I used olive oil).  They take only a few minutes to make and they disappear just as quickly!  You can serve as an appetizer, snack, light lunch entree or as a side dish.  You can serve them hot or cold.  I am eating a cold one as I type this.  It is so good! 
See the full gallery on posterous

1 comment:

heatherbelle said...

Perfect for the cocktail hour I would think.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails