Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Julie and Julia

Bernadette and I saw the movie tonight after work.  I arrived at Scarborough Town Center first, looked for some books I have been wanting to read, didn't find them, got sore feet and settled down on a bench in the mall to watch people--that never fails to entertain.  Time passed quickly!  I found Bernadette, we shared the 2-Mama-Burgers-and-a-Large-Fries-Special at A&W in the food court then went in to the theatre.  We thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  Meryl Streep was fabulous, that woman can do anything!  I think she should get an Academy Award for her performance in this movie.  She was outstanding!  We laughed so much, I had to keep wiping my eyes.  This movie is not just for women, not just for cooks, I really think there are ingredients in Julie and Julia for everyone: two lives with striking similarities, neither could cook in the beginning, both loved good food, two marriages two women from different eras searching for a purpose and experiencing similar victories and defeats, two great husbands.  I remember Julia Child well, I watched her on television.  Seeing Meryl Streep in her role, I forgot it was Meryl Streep and felt like I was watching Julia child again.  She "nailed" it!  I enjoyed the movie so much I think I will go back to see it again!  This is the first time I have to say I enjoyed the movie MORE than the book.  Speaking of books, now I want a copy of Mastering The Art of French Cooking.

Posted via email from Heather's posterous

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails