Saturday, June 27, 2009

Meyer Lemon--the whole thing!

Here is the whole Meyer Lemon Tree.  You can hardly see the fruit and flower buds but there are quite a few, mostly on the lower branches.  I count 12 little lemons already formed and over 60 bloom buds.  If all the bloom opens and forms fruit I had better get feeding...it would be quite a crop!  I don't know if I should be pinching off fruit to allow the plant's resources to develop better but fewer fruit or if the plant will take care of that issue.  Then again, a surprise hail storm may do that if I can't get home in time.  The plant measures 26 inches in height from the top of the soil to its highest leaf. I will keep posting its progress...and send you a lemon if they ripen!

See the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from Heather's posterous

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails